Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Life, My Sweetness, My Blog

Happy Anniversary Little Blog. I've loved growing with you. I've loved sharing my life with you. Mainly I love stalking you to reminisce on the photo collages past and present. It doesn't feel like it's been a full year of blogging. But I really am grateful for the opportunity you gave me to blab.

So one year later and this was a huge one. It was providence that I started blogging at precisely the moment I did. I was thus able to document the end of my DC summer, my senior year, getting engaged, excitement to wedding plan, stress about wedding plan, leaving my city, graduating, moving to a new city, getting a job... It really was a big one.

When I started this blog I thought it would be to share my life with those I love, now I realize that I am the majority of my own page views. It's really just a way to say, "Hello world, meet egocentric Rylee." You're welcome. This is why I get giddy when I receive a text or phone call or in life conversation that starts with, "read your blog and..." or "don't find this creepy but I actually read your blog..." or "your latest post..." or "I told someone else to read your blog..." these are all ways in which I am affirmed that my life is of some interest to someone other than me, and Tim who reads primarily in fear of how I will respond if he doesn't, and that maybe it might be worth it for more than just me. 

So, thanks for stopping by and stick around if you'd like. I'd definitely like. It's going to be a big year around here, getting married, starting my first big kid job, moving to a new city, living the newlywed life. You know ya know? Just every major life change for your twenties all at once? So blog year two, let me at it!

Our Lady of the Blogoshpere, Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment