Friday, August 1, 2014

San Antonio

Last Magee family road trip, tearing up. Tears of sadness or tears of joy? That's one secret I'll never tell. 

We did a tour of northern Texas on the way to a family wedding in Austin. We hit up Dallas on the way south. We got there just in time for our European style dinner. And by that I mean we went out in search of a restaurant who's kitchen was still open at 9:30 and not that the meal was in any way European inspired. In fact, the menu  of my various family members included Deep Fried Pickles, Mac' n' Cheeseburger, Fried Green BLT, Peach Cobbler, Banana Pudding, Dr. Pepper Chicken, Chicken Fried Steak, and Dr. Pepper Float... Welcome to Tejas?
We got up early the next day so we could spend a full 24 hours in San Antonio. It was so worth it. Well, I guess I really can't speak for the city aside from the River Walk because we never left it. But the River Walk was great and I highly recommend it!
It seemed as if every corner you turned presented a different style of bridge or decor. You would come to a bend in the river and feel like you were transported into Venice and then another riverbend and you were in New Orleans and then another riverbend and you were in Texas again and another just around the riverbend, beyond the shore...
Tex-Mex Cuisine at it's finest. But srsly.
They could be singing a really depressing song, and we would have no idea... Newbs.
Smaller than I thought it would be. And Tim will be so proud to know that I read 60% of the plaques and watched the informational video even when the majority of my family left me behind. I'm a museum and historical site goer in training.





And they had a store just for me. Truly everything was purple.


I have the most beautiful sister. The three of us other Magee girls not so secretly hate her for being the prettiest, I'm sure you can see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment