Monday, August 4, 2014

Wine and Cheese and Cheese and Wine

A post dedicated to my fourth and final bridal shower. 
(You can see the others here: One, Two, Three)
Don't worry about my being a diva, it seems absurd to me too. But I guess that doesn't really pose a good case for my not being a diva. In order to make excuses and start rambling just so the jury can find me guilty: if you remember one was a surprise from my DC friends, and the second held by my aunts at my grandmothers home three hours north of here primarily for family members, the third all Tim's side, and this one was for the local crew. Does this make it seem less ridiculous? Nope.
So this group shot if full of St. Joe High School women.
And though this was my fourth shower, this was Torey's first because she was in Florida all summer.
She's my sister and my MOH and my best friend. She planned this whole beautiful event in the 4 days after she got home... Everyone, join me in singing her amazingness.
This is my home transformed into party central. It's funny to see what three balloons can do.
I had such a great wine and cheese filled evening. And I was so blown away by the generosity of so many women whom I love and have know me at various point of my life but have formed me in Christ in all things. Gratzie!
Meg made the sash, do you love it? Good because shortly it will make a reappearance. 

Here's a game, guess my age in these photos. I was 5/10. 


This poor cripple waited patiently all night just so everyone would leave and she could put her foot up.
Everyone, seriously, cast your vote: should she scoot or crutch down the aisle?
My godmother came in all the way from Indy. 
It was a pinteresty affair
If all of these parties have done one thing, it's showered me with beautiful women. Externally, sure, but also as human persons. I am so blessed to be able to fill four parties with women who care about me and show me what authentic female relationships look like. These are women who constantly show unconditional love and are always making themselves a total self-gift to any and all. These are women who recognize the dignity of each other and never stop affirming it. It's as if these women in my life are the models for all of JPII's theology, or the other way around, it's beautiful.




Ready to wear another white dress? Yes I am. Yes I am. 
Thanks to everyone who made this night perfect. Cheers to August 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment