Friday, July 11, 2014

Lavender Lavender

Description now, pictures later:

My beautiful and wonderful aunts and grandmother threw me the most lovely lavender bridal shower. If you had any doubt of our wedding color (which you knew was purple if you've known me for a day in my life) now it's all cleared up. It was a brunch, primarily because of my love of mimosas (I owe it all to STB). I can't help but smile thinking about it. 

The day started by making your own wine charm *pictured awkwardly at the end of the party* to distinguish champagne flutes. We settled in for a round of introductions before moving back to grandmas living room for the Create Your Own Favor part of the day *Not photographed* because the favor was a sugar scrub for hands that required all people to drop the electronics. Fittingly, the scent I chose was lavender with matching lotion they gifted me at the end of the party! I fear Tim is not ready.

For brunch we had boxed meals. Each was wrapped with ribbon and a label with my name and a smaller label with the list of contents (keish, yogurt, fruit cups, baked goods). My aunts have become so Pinteresty and added the tissue paper, doilies, and purple ribbon for effect. No one could stop oohing and aahing. Truly. We then went for an opening of many many way to generous gifts before closing out with the usual round of pictures. 

Thank you so much to everyone who planned, contributed, and attended. If you ever want to feel loved, get married and people throw you parties inviting all the most important women in your life just to give you support and to celebrate. It makes me sound vain and selfish but really I just feel so so lucky to look through the pictures of so many wonderful women who have touched my life.

Also, if you are wondering, I am wearing two necklaces. One from JCrew. And the other a shower tradition to wear a gift around your neck, it's a ravioli press. My mom had a wash cloth. Additionally, I worked very hard not to break bows or give any ideas, people rooted and plotted against me, this includes hot glue. New levels my friends, I am not sad I broke one, more so just impressed.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment