Monday, July 28, 2014

Love Ludington

For my family, summer means Ludington, Michigan. It's real pure up there so we try to head north as much as possible, ya know?
It's Murphy's favorite thing ever. He's a lake pup so you start loading up the car and he will sit there waiting for you to leave because he refuses to be left behind.
It's a great small town full of family members which means many, many, many family parties.
My Aunt Kelly has taught me the ropes of all things garage sale-ing. It's good going with a professional who maps out her morning and know a deal as soon as she walks up the drive. We've been buying wedding things and apartment things and things things all summer for super cheap and it's the best. I've always said frugal on the side of cheap.
 Kitchen chairs? Check.
Frames? Check.
Notre Dame glasses? Check.
Cake stands? Check.
Really awesome coffee tables? double check. 
But seriously I got this Lane table for $20 and I am obsessed. It might be my favorite thing that I own. It's so heavy and sturdy with the fun spindly legs and a washed antique gray look. Happy. Joy.
The problem with garage saling in a small town is you can happen upon some very disturbing location and items. The freakiest one from this summer? Wandering around an abandoned storage unit to find the sale.
Maddie let me style her, inspired by STB in all ways.

But no weekend of this summer will be void of wedding planning. Not a second of this summer was void of wedding planning really. And not just for me. I guilt most everyone I can into helping all the time.
Maddie is our Cricket Queen. All hail the Cricket Queen.

Playing tourist in your own small town is simply wonderful. I highly recommend. And if you don't live in a small town? Leave for the day and find one because it is one of the most refreshing things you could do. It's sad because it took me leaving the country to realize that. So many of my best European adventures were off the beaten path at a slower pace of life. Now I'm appreciating America in the way I did in Europe. Make sense? Probably not because at this point I am just rambling.
Moral of this blog post:
Plan your next vacation for Pure Michigan, more than just Tim Allen recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment