Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bostonia

Here I am. Finally able to bring myself to blog this now that there is more peace in my life. 
So Boston: Take Eight.
I got to Boston, my new city and landed and freaked almost immediately. It might have been because I was alone. Or maybe that after a month in suburban Indiana I was not ready for a big city again. Or maybe I was just overwhelmed. Or maybe it was a lot of these things at once. I don't know. But I do know that I popped up from the T and was so torn. Like look at the beauty and all of the opportunities. But also what the heck am I doing? So I walked myself on over to South Station to buy a Charlie Card because I needed something to do. And I ended up sitting there on a wooden bench for a half hour full eyes, focusing on my breathing so that I didn't vomit. So panic attack. It happened. I'm not proud that it did, but it did. Blergh. Emotion. I don't handle it well.

It got better with time though. And purpose. And people. That helped.

Steve and his family were so so good to me. Great to see him. And fight traffic with him. Selfies.

Some joy was added to the trip when Ryan texted me a picture of a day date with Nicole on the way to Volleyball, and miles away we are still rocking the same power outfits!

Apartment searching and job interviewing made for a busy 48 hours. With Tim it was good. He provided so much necessary support and perspective. I'm ready for this whole marriage thing.

The one super positive thing we were able to walk away from the week with was finding the greatest Irish pub in our hopeful future neighborhood, complete with authentic Irish accents. 

I don't know if I am ready for you Boston, but I am still excited for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment