Saturday, July 5, 2014

Employment, Apartment, and Adjustment

As I am writing this post, and looking at these pictures I see so much of college Rylee. Replace this smile with a concerning face and you could have photoshopped this out of Luaupalooza (I would be yelling at Levi Stevens) or any other event where I go into planning mode and over dramatize the work I have to do.

See: Crazy Rylee, Watch Out for Rylee Today, Calm Down Rylee, Do You Really Need a Backpack and Purse and Clipboard Rylee?, and Power Trip Rylee

It's my biggest fault, and I am working on it, okay?
 Now we (we meaning I) need to work on transferring these pictures from college to real world because of the story these photos really tell. I just told you about Boston. And it had been a time of despair. I kept praying. And kept hope almost solely on the positive responses of others. When you ask a priest for prayers in finding a job and he doesn't skip a beat before responding, "you'll find a job," it's oddly comforting. And the hope in the message of "Rylee, if you really want to serve Him, He will show up in a huge way. It seems impossible to you because it is, but nothing is impossible to Him." And even just the text message that reads, "JESUS." So, there was hope but it was rough. 

And then the next thing you know, you've gone from 5 months of applying without even a phone call to having two interviews in a day. And both want second interviews. And that perfect apartment you wanted? Available. And another one in your price range? Became available during your interview. All of the sudden, in the course of three days my prayer went from asking Him to show up in a huge way to saying, "What the heck God! I didn't ask for options?!?!?" I don't know what to do with options, and now there are two of us making the decisions which sounds like it would make these things easier but it really just makes you more concerned that he's saying what you want to hear or he is holding back to make you happy which is really what you are trying to do and you can't read what is going to make him happy so you go with what will make you happy and then you worry that you are being selfish. HALP!

But, I am happy to report, that one week after this period of options, I have a job and we have a perfect apartment. Thank you everyone for your prayers and concern, and know how happy we are to turn the prayers into praise! Also, shameless plug, we found a great deal on a two bedroom apartment so y'all need to make your plans to come visit!
The story behind the picture is that I got a voicemail offering me a job. I called Tim who immediately drove out to me. I called her back. Tim pulled up dancing and screaming. I shot him crazy eyes and mimed shhhhhhh. He runs over and dances around me waiting for the call to end. Call ends. He screams and lifts me off the ground. He's crazy and I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment