Monday, April 28, 2014

Crowds, Flowers, Doughnuts.


I am graduating in 19 days. This means I am leaving the District in 20. I love this city and don't know if I am ready to leave just yet. So we decided to take a day to take advantage of this place where we live which gave me mixed feelings about leaving.

Gourmet Doughnuts and Fried Chicken. An unlikely combination. Surprisingly perfect. Something I definitely won't find in Northern Indiana.

Cherry Blossoms and Monuments. Beautiful and so good. Check, check.

Finding best friends who quote Mary Kate and Ashley movies as much as you do, definitely going to miss this.

Casual beautiful views? Actually, not casual.
 


Having to take a picture of every historical thing I see to send to Tim; indifferent.
 
Photobombing friends and sunnies: priceless.

See all of those great feelings of a city that I love and a place I will sorely miss. All wonderful things. And then there is one thing that throws confusion into the mix and makes you question living in a city ever again for the next three months, crowds. The constant fear that you will get trampled, pushed into the tidal basin, or hit by a car can suffocate you. Uff.
 
I still love it though. That Saturday excursion with the greatest people. I love them too. 

1 comment:

  1. that awkward moment when i realize i'm never allowed to have a bad hair day slash super rough outfit day and hang out with you because it will be blogged. #regretsohten #shouldhaveknown #ohwellhellothere

    ReplyDelete