Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Can you ever just be whelmed?

I went home for Valentines Day. It was a bit of a last minute decision but it was so necessary. Air Tran was evil to me but of course, it's Air Tran. I made it to Chicago alive on Friday, the 14th of February, and that was all I could ask for and then some. What every person needs after a day of flying Air Tran is a fiance waiting with surprise reservations at an authentic Italian restaurant with a huge glass of wine. Mostly the man and the wine. Or the wine and the man. Whichever.
I'm a lucky one. I'm a dry red kinda gal, you know just in case you ever pick me up from an airport.
So thanks hun for looking fancy and treating me to a great meal for V-day. Loved re-living the Trastevere days with you.
And we were right in the heart of the city. I love it.
This picture: Magee family kitchen, courtesy of Mama Magee, right before she went to bed.
The rest of the weekend was devoted entirely to wedding planning. Which is still enjoyable because, "On this day I will marry my friend." (GAG). but  it was also a terrifying weekend when I realized how far we still have to go. Our to-do lists only grew that weekend. So it was necessary and oh so overwhelming. It is what it is I guess, because I won't be home again until the end of May. We had cake tastings, church meetings, tux pickings, ceremony run throughs, DJ song choices, and we made lists. And lots of them. If you are planning/ have planned a wedding I hope that you can assure me that this overwhelmedness is not atypical and not to despair because it gets better. I hope. So I went through my phase of indifference, and now I am in a phase of bombardment. I guess I just need to go to Europe when I can be not overwhelmed or underwhelmed, just whelmed.


Also thanks to the people who love and help me through it all, especially my Mama. I couldn't do it without you keeping me sane. And thanks Tim, for reminding me whose team you're on. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment