Monday, March 3, 2014

November 1st; A Thought Process

The following is after I finally realized what was going on, after Tim's lie about the prayer service ((See Part One here)). 
Here is my stream of consciousness.
*Please remember that Tim's friend Brigid used her wonderful camera to take these pictures but in the reality it was super, super dark.*

Holy S**t Holy S**t Holy S**t. I mean you knew this was going to happen. Is this really happening though. I think it's happening. No I really think it is.
*Stops Walking*
"Is this for real?" (out loud)
"Keeeeep walking Rylee."- Tim
Yep okay this is definitely happening. I love the Servant Song. He knows I love the Servant Song. He knows I know what this means. He has to know that I know what this means. What am I going to say? Of course yes, but like what else?
We walk into this group of people and all a blur. Who is this? I mean oh it's Sam, hey Sam (he took the umbrella). Okay deep breaths. Focus on your breathing. You love him. This is good. You've been waiting for this. Be happy. Remember every word.

Unfortunately, I don't remember it word for word but I do remember the message in order. The following is a paraphrase from Tim, but after this I don't think I was conscious. There is no stream to report. I know I said yes at the end, or at least I assume I said yes but then again I have no recollection.

*Grabs my hands and HUGE, long breath*
"Rylee, you make me the happiest man in the world. I am so lucky that God put you here. I have known I loved you since I was 17 and known I wanted this for a long time. I am so ready to be with you for the rest of my life. I do not know what will happen in a year. I do not know where I will be. With grad school or anything else, but I do know that I want you with me. I want nothing more than to start a family with you and spend the rest of my life with you."


*and then reach for a pocket and down on a knee*
"Rylee Grace Elizabeth Ann Katie Magee, will you marry me?"
...
Here I must've responded?
*Stands up and whispers*
"Which one is your left hand?"

*Elation, Joy, Love, Emotion, and a Kiss*

*Grasp each other to steady each others heart rates*


Awkward pause because singing is done and it gets really quiet,
*Tim turns and says*
"SHE SAID YES!"
*Excitement and Cheers as we turn to love on the people there. To share that moment.

A huge thank you to everyone who made that weekend truly perfect. Thanks for all the organization, the self-knowledge of leaving when you know you couldn't not spill the beans (Thanks Alex!), for crying for me when I didn't, and a special thanks to everyone who coordinated candles, music, champagne, computers, chairs, umbrellas, etc. etc. etc. You can never fully know how much this meant to us. 

And to our families:
Thanks dad for giving your blessing and for wanting to wait to see the ring until I wore it. And sorry for waking you up to tell you I said yes. But thanks for loving us through your slumber.

Thanks Mom for the excitement. Thanks for providing the love and support we needed to hear, even a thousand miles away. 

Thanks Tor, my MOH, for being out of country but still the first to know. For being my most stubborn supporter, and for knowing the future. Thanks for the opportunity to skype in the next morning and listening to the whole story while we were still so excited to tell it.

Thanks Mads for killing our ears with a scream so loud. It was so good that you were so surprised but thanks for the joy you had, enough joy to share with all around you (who have no idea who we are...).

Thanks Meg for providing one of the more hilarious moments of my life. I sure do hope you did well on your SAT. We love you so much and were so happy you were the second person we told in person. You will always have that over the girls. So congrats. Even if your reaction was combined meanest and most confused.

Thanks Tom and Shay for not understanding anything that was happening and for deciding that whatever it was was not worth waking up for, also for the tears you brought to our eyes when we laughed so hard that we cried because you could. not. wait. to tell us this completely unbelievable dream you had.

Sorry Ry that we couldn't get ahold of you until the next day but thanks for the support, it means so much.

And to Tim's family, thanks for your normal reactions. That was good too. And thanks Judy for being there that weekend, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Finally, sorry to all the people we called and woke up in the wee hours of the morning and thank you for not being mad but instead jovial to share in our excitement. Or at least faking it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment