Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Registrating

Tim and I fight. We do, like the rest of the fallen world, let pride get in the way of joy, and selfishness get in the way of peace. It's true. But it seems like it has been happening more lately and we both kinda hate it. But what to do? Because if you read my first post you know that we are equally stubborn people and when it comes to planning a wedding and planning a home and planning a life for two becoming one, we found out that there are a lot of people's feelings that can get hurt... and not just the two that become one. We are finding out, first hand, how many people are affected by our wedding. And we are just like HAYYYYYYY, don't mind us (to their face) but to each other it can grow tense.

I am not trying to tell y'all this to then prove that I am right in my arguments (I truly don't need an affirmation of my ego) or even to rehash anything we have fought about. But I am just being real with you. I just really want the joy back in planning this big day, that's what I want to say. Because everyone has an opinion about what we should do, including Tim and I, but there comes a point when you say 'love ya' to everyone else around you and do what you really want. And we don't mean this to be insulting to anyone who cares about us enough to drop a line with their opinions. 

The one thing Tim keeps yelling at me for though is becoming indifferent. I gain the attitude that because there is no way to win I just don't care and it really doesn't matter and we have a church and a priest and a groom and I'll just walk down the isle in a Value Village dress and Bring Your Own Beer people!(calm down I totally already said yes to a dress). Anyway I have become someone who is throwing my hands up and walking away defeated. It's depressing and not like my choleric nature at all and Tim's over it. And, reflecting on it I can help but agree with him. Mark this day on your calendar y'all because I just backed down and told the internet (aka errybody) that I was wrong and Tim was right............. Anyway, I wouldn't want to plan a wedding with a person like that so this is my informal apology to you hun, do forgive me?

So plan: less indifference and more joy. Ready? BREAK.

Step 1: Claim it in the small things.

Like a registry and fun teapots? YES! Super fun.
(blurry because it was taken with my phone becuase awkward to pull out a camera in B, B, and B?)


And Tim with his newfound weapon of choice. I walked around and talked to myself about the pintrest house of my dreams while Tim was a kid in a toy shop, scan, scan, scan. We really had a good time and were there for hours. In some senses it was completely over whelming but in others it was what we needed. For those four hours we were able to plan a future life and not just a day of caterers and DJs (don't ask) and poofy white dress decisions but a home and a daily life together... in the same time zone at that. We are happy for that, joy in the small things.

Bonus shotz of the table settings we picked because Bed Bath and Beyond is beyond awesome and did that for us. Thanks B cubed, you rock our socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment