Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tim was having the time of his life

And he owes it all to me.

So Tim came to visit me in DC this summer (three weeks ago now, sorry I am so far behind) and let me tell you, it was the best week of Tim's life. I mean, he didn't necessarily verify this to me, but I think I can speak for him. Who wouldn't love to spend quality time with me for a whole week? amiright?

The time of Tim's life consisted of: driving me to and from work (I live less than a mile away), coming grocery shopping with me, waiting for me to do my laundry, eating the "food" I "cooked" regardless of the misjudged portion sizes, sleeping (on an air mattress, mind you) without the air conditioning on because I am frugal on the verge of stingy, dealing with my mental and emotional breakdowns of getting lost while driving in the city, et cetera.

What kind of week could ever really compare to this? None to mention, I know.

For a recap of the less traumatic moments start scrolling:

Shake Shack. Because duh.

Something tells me it's all happening at the zoo. (This marked my first-but-not-last trip to the DC zoo, seeing Pandas fo free? What have I been doing for the past three years?)

Hay-oh and happy date night. Bigger and better bloggers have recommended this place before me but can I just add my approval? Two thumbs up. Five stars. Certificate of Rylee's Amen.

And it gave us the opportunity to relive the glorious Roman days.

And drinks after work with friends.

I'm sorry, did I say drinks? I meant megamargs, a category all on its own. 
And did I say friends? How about some of the best people I've ever known.

The weekend called for some very Romesick kids to get their gelato fix.

Tough Gelato Critics say, "It's not Rome but for DC it aint so bad."

So thank you Pitango, Eastern Market, and Capitol Hill for your very joyous Saturdays.

And then we went to walk the streets of Old Town before Tim had to catch a flight because why be on time when you can roll in an anxiety-filled, sweat-producing, heart-pounding, run-Tim-run kind of late? Way more fun that way.

So thank you to my three main men for a wonderful summer. And Tim, you're welcome for an awe-inspired week, I know none will ever be able to compare but you'll get through it. And really, truly, Mr. and Mrs. Kenney, I want to deeply thank you from the depths of my heart for letting me get Tim for a week. I could never thank you enough for how much it meant for me to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment