Sunday, August 25, 2013

Plymouth Rocks, Plymouth Pebbles

And then there was Stephen. A commuter rail malfunction to the middle of no where with some sketch-tastic rail riders into finally riding backwards into our destination was totally worth it to see this one.
Sorry for the poor quality of this cellular photo but I just had to document this trip and the fact that I made it, I came to New England, I came to Steve. And letmejusttellyou, Steve love-love-loves the amount of pictures I take of him. This post is going to be a surprise to him, especially when I tell that not even half the photos I snapped are present. Sorry Steve, I'm a crazy with a camera.

So we went to Bertucci's for dinner because with Shan and Steve just talking about it made the decision. Then we went back to Steve's house where, don't worry, the lights were on and all were so very hospitable to us.

And the next morning, we slept in (Steve woke up at seven.) and then this happened. No seriously, they have 4 diverse yet beautiful girls in their back yard. So we not only had fresh eggs to start our day (and a whole breakfast spread, thanks Stephen, you are seriously too much), but we got to pluck a few from the coop and weigh them to determine their size. Four fresh eggs a day? I'm sold.

And did I say coop? Because this is the nicest coop I ever did see (not that I have many to compare it too but in my mind my opinion is always of value so...). There we were, at the Imparato household, allowing the chickens time to free range and fill their bellies with dirt (This was explained to me in a more profound and poetic way but I can't remember) while we marched around the yard with an air soft  rifle (to ward of foxes from getting the girls) checking out the bee hive and garden and bow and arrow collection. Oh ya know, just your usual Saturday. And then, readyforthebestpart? It was time for the girls to go back to the manor so with bell and gun and cheerios, they Pavlov's dogged it and these chicks were running faster than I've ever seen a chicken run (Chicken Run, get it?). The best.

"Tastes Like a Mojito"- Shan

And after sea kayaking (the same as regular kayaking just on the sea in case you needed the clarification, I know I did.) on the most peaceful rainy morning we dressed for the temperature (rain coats, hats, and sleeves) and headed to downtown Plymouth. And my question to the reader is this, why would you not want to live here?

And we walked the jetty, cheesed hard into the sun, and we walked back.

And after walking around all of downtown Plymouth, including parks, cemeteries, and history lessons, it was a beautiful day so we headed to a more secluded beach and walked and sat and simply enjoyed my first real relaxing summer day.

Hey pretty lady and hey summer 2013, finally.

I seriously had the greatest weekend and these two attractive people went above and beyond to ensure that. Gratzie, gratzie mille.



No comments:

Post a Comment