Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Snow Day

Tim and Co. were in town for the March for Life about a month ago. And we got a snow day. They laughed and made fun of our inability to handle a 2inch snowfall but because of it, we were able to enjoy a snowventure. So I don't hate it ya know?
We went to Eastern Market and, naturally, Capitol Hill Books where Ryan found, and bought, the largest book they sold. So jovial.


So Liz and Chuck were there and Meredith and Vinny and later Augie too. And it was Liz's birthday so HBD toot, toot.
Accumulation of Snow. Minimal for a Midwesterner, HUGE for a District native.

 The beauts.


I don't know who took this picture and I think it's kind of odd. Bus also I like it so there you go.

 Tim and Meredith. See the backdrop of Capitol Hill houses.

 Now Ines and Shannon. See backdrop of NoMa. That is one of the things I love most about this city. We, us three, walked from Eastern Market and dropped off the crew at Union Station and kept walking to Harris Teeter. I love how quickly it changes from historic to modern. And brick sidewalks to construction zones. I love everything that this city has to offer.


 In celebration of Liz's birth and this grand crew we had a huge meal. In my bedroom. Definitely one long meal and a memory that will last me a long time.
Snow Days, keep on coming. I don't always love your cold temperatures but I welcome the closings you bring with warm arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment