Thursday, June 5, 2014

Graduation: Framily Plan

My family got there late enough to document my flag bearing responsibilities before taking their seats. You get to see the party of people I lead in procession, a jovial looking shot of FJ if you zoom. People wondered aloud how I got so lucky? The answer, they lined us up in height order and I was at the end so I went last. Classic.

Once seated, my mom took this very artsy (applaud her on her creativity) shot of the back of my head. Clearly, ridiculous.

Pictured. Left: Phillip Rivers, graduation speaker. Right: Maddie laughing at said speech while demonstrating that all Magee's laugh the same.

Proof of previous statement.

 If you look beyond the ear and then the man picking his ear you can see that my parents were lucky enough to sit very very close to me. So they got to snag this pictures of me awkwardly struggling to put on my hood while standing in the front row... should've practiced.

Final flag bearing photo. You're welcome, I am sure you are tired of this by now...


Now we transition away from flags and to many poses of Rylee with a diploma.

As I said, my fam was seated super close, so I am luck to have some really great pictures from the walking up and down the steps. Well I could also have these same images for the low price of $19.95 per 4x6, but I'll say no thanks to the professionals and stick with Julie Magee, LLC. Just kidding. But she did snag many other diploma worthy shots of anyone she recognized. I'll be emailing them out, DON'T BUY THE IMAGES! And those talons are not letting go of that envelope.



I am so grateful for my parents and the many opportunities they have given me over my 22 years of life. I am blessed to have so many siblings, and loving parents who never stop demonstrating the amazing love a family can share if rooted in Christ. I love them more than I could ever explain, but truly that is the Christian love I guess. Of all the things my parents have given, this is most certainly the most significant. They trusted a crazy 18 year old me to travel half way across the country for four years. They gave me the opportunity to go somewhere new, to learn to navigate a new city, to study ancient philosophers and modern poets, to have a major that every.single.person. questions what I am going to do with that, to make new friends, to make best friends, to travel alone, to develop independence, to learn to cook for myself, to learn the importance of Liturgy in my life and finding the ones that work best for me, to understand what a Christian community is, to travel the world, to explore our faith tradition in the city of Rome, to have many internships and jobs that gave so much experience, to developing a huge appreciation for brunch, to develop such strong relationships with faculty and staff of this school, and to deepen my faith in ways that 4 years ago I had no idea God was calling me to. So, mom and dad, I really don't think these were the best years of my life, and I feel sad for the people who do, where is your hope for the future?!? But I do know that without this time here at The Catholic University of America, I can confidently say that I would not be who I am today. So thank you for making the investment in my education and thus, my life. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Graduation selfies should be socially acceptable, but I know after looking over this post that it's a complete lie. Enjoy the awkwardness and know that I cut out 4 at the final review...

MK&A take on CUA one last time. I love you.

From day 1 to day 1,362.  "It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life." Love you.

Hooded figures and my building up ahead. Then there is the girl everyone thought was me all weekend long.

My dad forced this shot, and I am so glad he did. Did you know that I cried that night? In the House. I really cried, I really did.

Ryan's first time to DC so some monumenting was in order.

So there it is. I finally am coming to terms with the fact that it's done. I don't really know where I stand with my emotions but I think finally blogging it is a good place to start. I love CUA and am so grateful for my four years there. I will miss the District more than you could ever know and the people I'll miss the most. Thank you for loving me. I love you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment