Tuesday, June 10, 2014

They're just some steps. Or are they just steps?

So, in typical Magee family road trip fashion (remind me to post about that sometime) we left early, stopped once, and made it back to Indiana from DC in record time. In such record time that I was actually, and unexpectedly, able to meet up with Tim for some of his graduation festivities. Now, I missed graduation and awards and such BUT this man kept his cap and gown on until I saw him, such a keeper, and I didn't even document that. That's on me. I went out to a celebratory grad dinner with his fam before heading back to campus with, seemingly, the rest of the ND Senior class. 

Tim and Sam taking a moment to revel in where they are standing. It was an interesting thing to document. Exciting. But also odd for an outsider. 

His joy. It was as if graduation was wonderful and receiving a diploma was great, but nothing compared to this moment, and those steps. Or maybe this is the champagne effect?


Brian's response was clearly the greatest.

So this outsider snagged a picture. I had many moments of confusion on that night. Mainly just the fact that it seemed as if the ND Ushers and NDPS hosted a huge BYOBChampagne graduation bash. Not a normal thing. But we are going to go with it. 

So proud of you hun. Graduating from Notre Dame with a double major is not a small feat. I am so excited for Monday and the start of your Graduate studies, and the many many years to come of continued education. It takes a special person to love school as much as you do, and I love you for it.

Also, many many congrats to all my other ND friends and now alumni!

No comments:

Post a Comment