Saturday, November 14, 2015

And Now I've Been to Boston in the Fall

It's now been two weeks since our family descended upon Boston for Gemma's Baptism and I will slowly recount the tale. Baptism posts to come but first, family in Boston! Almost all of Gem's Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents were able to celebrate with us and Tim and I were so excited to show off our city. It's been a learning experience, where we used to walk the whole city by foot in a day, now we move from nursing location to nursing location. And moving with any group larger that 15 is proven to slow that pace dramatically. Either way we chose some of our favorite locations and hit the sites along our route. I didn't take near enough pictures...

Mike's Pastry was a must of the North End.
Tour Guide Tim, a professional backwards walker.
Fun to explore gravesite on Halloween, and we saw a black cat to add to the festivities.
Tim chose the historic sites, I chose Beacon Hill. I hereby profess my love for this neighborhood. My dream neighborhood if you could guarantee me a parking spot.
Mads loves Acorn Street as much as any other tourist.
It was a gorgeous day for the end of October and fall foliage was in full force much to the liking of our parents who live in season-less Florida and California. I think fall might be the sole reason to live in New England. I mean, summer is great and winter is fun occasionally (when it's not 10 feet.......) but fall, I'm telling you, fall is perfect. Move to Boston for the Fall, and as miserable as last winter was, living with seasons is worth it for the fall.
Other sisters joined us off their flight later that day. And don't you love Maddie's vest and her confidence in wearing it?
Our first time celebrating 21 in person!
Genetics are such an intriguing thing. I wonder when Gem gets a bit older if we could throw her in this picture and say that she looks just like her mom/ papa with that goofy smile or if we will say that she has the dimples of dad. Who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment