Friday, November 27, 2015

Let All Things Now Living

Happy Thanksgiving! 
In order to show that The Christmas Card photo we ended up with is only 1/120th of the whole picture. It took two separate photo shoots with a feeding session in between and the futile efforts of the parental units to get a particular little lady to make a face that wasn't noticeably angry and the ones that meet the mark are complete trickery because it's actually the perfect moment between screams that is her catching her breath but all fake. But, it's all the same to me... clearly as I made friends take 120 pictures of us in search of the perfect that will always allude me. And so to document the efforts to attempt the impossible.
 And now for the important question: which of the not completely terrible pictures should we keep?
We had a completely lovely day yesterday. Gemma turned 2 months old (a post on that is forthcoming). We celebrated with friends in beautiful Dover, MA and delicious foods. We started the day by walking the Res (avoiding a trot for me thanks) and ended the day with wine and TV with Abby. It's hard for me to not be with family on this day but it's a lesson in what family means for us now. And I am so grateful for my crying baby and my husband who never complains of the bouncing she requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment