Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Twenty Four

I am 24 now. Adulthood can officially begin and we are in this weird limbo where to some I seem old by my state of life and to some 24 is just old. But to most when they hear I had a birthday they panic that 24 is so, so young. And so, somewhere in between. 
For my birthday this year I wanted only to get out of the house. Last year we went to Vermont and had such a great day and this year I wanted to enjoy another New England day trip in fear that this is my last birthday here. (New England states are crazy small making day trips a necessity). 
And so, Maine in the fall. It was perfect and so georgeous. Also so great to leave the house/ city/ state with Gemma for her first trip with many helping hands. We first went to Kennebunkport for lunch and quiant small town enjoyment.
Grandma was there to help the balance of nursing, bouncing, and parenting as best as we could.
And as we perused the small shops, dad got his first try at baby wearing.
From Kennebunk, we went north to Freeport for some birthday splurging at the outlets, LL Bean loving, and ice cream. Always ice cream.
So heres to 24. And heres to the good people of LL Bean for having couches in the fitting rooms to nurse on.

No comments:

Post a Comment