Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hopeless Wanderer

Vermont! Driving through this state requires that you listen to everything Mumford & Sons, theres not really a choice. And so we did. All Mumford with a little hint of Lumineers and a dessert of Head and the Heart. There's nothing better than that.
Tim surprised me for my birthday with a road trip to Vermont. When I moved to Boston, the only New England state I had ever been to was Massachusetts, I'm excited to cross them all off the list through our time here. So we went to Vermont for a day. We drove the entirety of 3 states in 3 hours. The states on this side of the country are seriously microscopic. Driving through the mountains with all the leaves having changed, there was nothing more I could have asked for on my birthday except for maybe ice cream. And boy did Tim deliver. The mecca. 
We went to Waterbury, VT home of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Green Mountain Coffee, Cabot Cheese, and the best cider mill of all time ever (I should clarify that it is the only cider mill I have ever been to...). We spent a day doing what was quintessentially fall at its very source. He's the best, and he knows me so well.
Always good to know that Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch is the 6th most popular B&J flavor of all time.
Long live Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch!
Vermonty Python on the other hand, may he rest in peace.
It was great, they had a short tour and a tasting of a non-released flavor. I also got a pin and free ice cream cone because Tim mentioned to them that it was my birthday. They had all of the fall decor. And this special graveyard of retired flavors. 
Thank God for ice cream. The world would really be a different place without it.
Mountains; weird right? It's terrifiyng to drive through them when what you are used to is flat, flat, flat fields of Indiana. Which is why I let Tim drive the whole way. There and back. Happy birthday to me. Selfless and caring I am not.
This train station is also the home to the Green Mountain Coffee tasting rooms. We sadly missed it due to their refusal to advertise seasonal hours on their flyers. 
But we were able to spend more time at the cider mill which was a good consolation prize.
Who cares about pumpkin spice, apples mark the flavor of fall and these apple cider donuts were on target.
We ended our Vermont birthday adventure in Burlington for dinner, a quick driving tour of the University of Vermont campus, and the Magic Hat brewery experience.
There was a self led tour and drink samples all for free, not because of my brithday but because of the kind people of Vermont. 

A special thank you to this man for making all of my birthday dreams that I never knew I had come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment