Saturday, November 1, 2014

Head of the Charles

Tomorrow it is supposed to snow. Happy New England November! Before it turns to winter far to quickly I guess I should celebrate the warm (for Boston) October we had and catch up on all of our fall activities. This blog, like much of my walking in the city with my husband, involves taking a few steps and then running to catch up. I would normally apologize but then again I can't control the length of my legs. So we are going to embrace it all as, this is the blogger God created me to be! 
Amen? or Heresy?
A few weekends back some friends took advantage of Boston adventures. Meredith made brunch after Mass and we walked (forever) to get to the Head of the Charles Regatta. Compared to the day before that felt like late August (I wore my saltwater sandals), we were finally able to embrace fall! Sweater weather. 
And boots. Meredith and I were finally able to embrace that all fall/winter we will be wearing the exact same boots.
So we walked from Brighton to Cambridge and walked around Harvard for a bit. We cheered for a few boats we had ties to and walked around Cambridge some more. We found a hole in the ground (somewhat literally) cafe that made phenomenal hot chocolate. Fall!
It was such a great afternoon. We were able to feel like true locals by embracing our inner New England styles where blazers are coats and J.Crew provides the staples. And free entertainment by the means of praising God that I wasn't rowing a boat down the river. But they did so merrily if I do say so myself. Life is but a dream.
It was a great fall day filled with excellent company and coming to really appreciate all that this city offers us if only I would realize that I need to accept it more frequently. Cambridge was beautiful and the regatta perfect and walking the city there and back? For how much I complained while walking it, was really not that bad. But I am a whiny person when it comes to any physical activity so you should never take my complaints as valid.

1 comment:

  1. The random picture of the football field, it just makes sense that you gave it no explanation. Also, gimme yo blazer!

    ReplyDelete