Tuesday, October 28, 2014

And I've Never Been to Boston in the Fall

Two weekends ago Tim and I spent a Saturday in the city. For the first time it was a Boston adventure for just the two of us. I love these days, they remind me of the younger, funner, wilder, and free European days with him. 
So we utilized our Aquarium Membership (that's right friends we have an aquarium membership! Come visit!) and spent a few hours marching with the penguins. The best part about the membership is that we know we will be back. We didn't need to exhaust ourselves. So we saw a few shows and did a bit here and there but we barely scratched the surface. Muchas Gracias, you know who you are.
Tim and the swarms of children were super eager to touch the sting rays. I fear for my life with these creatures, and you want me to touch them?!? Ahem, no. I'll be climbing the tree in the corner of the room furthest from the tank thank you. I run from sting rays and snakes, it doesn't matter how thick the glass, you don't know if Harry Potter might be lurking.
520 pound Myrtle the Turtle? I'd pet her any day.
And there is always time in the schedule for a sea lion show. Do you remember when I saw the really awesome show last summer? Well this one was less orchestrated and more of a training, but amazing none the less.
Leaving the aquarium reminded me to try to take advantage of our city more often. We don't do that frequently enough.
We were wildly outnumbered by all the nuggets but we did not mind at all.

We left the aquarium and headed over the river and through the woods to old Ironsides we go! Tim, my history buff of a husband, was oh so kind enough to stay notified about the construction dates of allllll of the sites of substance. When you are talking about Boston, Massachusetts that list is at the very minimum the legnth of a children's novel. And it turns out that the USS Constitution was going to be dry docked for maintence for almost three years. Oh me oh my! And my martyr of a husband has been before but sacrificed his afternoon and his leg strength to rush us to get there in time. (As I type this I wish you could see my face, so much sarcasm could be lost here!) 

So we sprint-walked (Tim's legs regular pace) to get there for fear that we won't be here in three years and I needed to cross it off Tim's list for me.
I have to admit, I didn't hate it.
And, best day ever! We got there in time to only spend 15 minutes on the boat!!!

The museum however... After 20 minutes I found a bench while he did his thing for what felt like a full wash cycle in the laundromat.
Museums are fun and all but fall in this city; I'm obsessed!

1 comment:

  1. 1) All the points for the title of this blog post
    2) I LIVE for touch tanks at aquariums which has led to a weird obsession with sting/manta rays.

    ReplyDelete