Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wedding Part Three

Post Liturgy. This was a whirlwind, it completely flew and the pictures turned out perfect. Praise God.

With the amount of Weddings in the basilica on a given Saturday, you have about 24 minutes from the moment the music stops to the moment the door hits you on the way out. We had to limit our amount of indoor pictures for that reason. Tim and I stayed in the same position and people ran in and out of the frame. Starting with these guys before they dis-albed.
Ladies first, so my family darted in first.
Followed by Tim's
We are so lucky that both sides combined, we have 11 siblings. Big Catholic families say what.
And this shot she got was perfection. Frame it and then frame it again.
As we were inside with the pictures, Tim's whole extended family was waiting, already posed thanks to my aunts-in-law. Tim and I ran out, jumped in front, snapped a few and switched out Kenney/ Leliaerts for Magee/ Shafers and 37 minutes post ceremony all was well, much was accomplished, and all were baking.
We were originally planning on having to take Grandparent pictures at the reception but we were so ahead of schedule that we joyously moved to the shade for them.
Naturally we stayed in the shade in early August for as many pictures as possible.
Our bridal party was so fun and so perfect I wish I had words to describe...
Token Notre Dame shots.
All day long I was being told to "soften my smile" probably because this is what's natural for me. Scrunched nose, crinkled eyes, and huge mouth. But its natural Rylee and I like it just fine. This might actually be my favorite of the whole day.
Veil into mulch. Don't tell Judy.
This was the bench he proposed to me in front of.
This view shows the reason for this being the bench he proposed to me in front of.
Question: Is it really a Basilica wedding if you don't say a prayer entrusting your marriage to Mary at the grotto? 
Answer: No.

And all day long he was alternating between tripping over and carrying my train. Sorry but I only liked a big wedding dress, the poofier the better.
Bridesmaids.

Wedding party in front of the Party Bus. As I said, best ever. 
This was a short post for ya, next stop, reception!
If you're late to the party: Introduction, Post 1, Post 2.

Aren't all of our pictures beautiful? We were so lucky to have my mom's high school best friend agree to shoot our wedding even though she is from out of town. And we were so lucky to get her. If you are from the Grand Rapids/ Ludington, MI area be sure to look her up.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously dying at Shafer in the last picture. And the one of you and Tim is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete