Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wedding Part Two

I'm sure on Sunday you were all pondering how I could begin to drag out this 17 hour period into a week of posts. After scrolling through Part One I am sure you started to get the idea. 
Our photographer sent us over a grand total of 780 pictures from the day. Don't worry, I'll only make you scroll through 476 of them. I kid! I kid! 
My original plan was to minimize to 2 posts and I loved too many pictures to not include them and that would make for some insanely long posts. I am sure I would reach the maximum amount. Does blogger ever cut you off? Or could I ramble forever-ever-er-er-r? We're about to find out. 
Again, a joke, this will probably be the shortest of the posts. This post in limited to an hour time slot. This post is the hour time slot. The one we were lucky enough to attain. The time slot that permanently changed my life, my name, and my vocation. The time slot we planned months for. 
Dah-dum-dah-dum...
 But first look at these nuggets. Instead of walking all the way to the front aisle and waiting for me to process in, they were caught about four rows back where their respective parents were sitting. It is a really brilliant idea and I owe our church coordinator everything for coming up with it. The only problem was the night before when the 2 year old ring bearer (the reason they held hands) saw that his dad was at the end of the aisle, he lead them in a 10 meter dash. 
They were much more tame on the day itself, not that I could see.
And look at those flower crowns!
This is it. The moment to which the peace had been building (see Part 1).
And my peace was evident, so too was Tim's joy and emotion. I love this man.
Didn't Judy kill it with this veil? I really hope we have melodramatic daughters like myself because it would be a shame for this to only get one use. She gave me all the extra lace from the trim of the veil with promises to use it on a homemade baptismal gown if I so desired. Amen, amen I say to you, I married into the greatest family!
I just spent the last 40 minutes trying to find a good article explaining the theology of the veil I hold to. I couldn't find one that was accurate and not condescending. Ask me if you're really curious but lets just say that withing the wedding liturgy that there are many signs and symbols and none of them are without meaning. I was insistent that my veil cover my face for one of those such symbols and insistent that Tim remove it for the fact that this particular symbol fortells consummation. Freaked you out yet? I'll stop.

Being married here, in the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, made us the luckiest. In our hometown, on Tim's campus, where his parents were married, with this beauty.
Our lectors were Tim's cousin Michelle, my Uncle Mike, and my friend and mentor Megan. We are so grateful to each of them for agreeing to have such a role in the liturgy after they had a huge role in forming us a Catholic Christians.
Similarily, these four are in the background of nearly every picture if you notice. So honored to have them serve this sacrament in such unique ways. Love to them, and the models of true sacrament they are to us daily.
Joy, and nothing less.
I will bear the Christ light for you, in the nightime of your fears. I will hold my hand out for you, speak the peace you long to hear.
I will weep when you are weeping, when you laugh I'll laugh with you. I will share your joys and sorrows, til we've seen this journey through.
Will you let me be your servant? Let me be as Christ to you. Pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant too.
When planning who would bring the offering to the table, it only made sense for it to be our parents. These were the people who were the models of self-gift and Christian love. These are the ones who taught us to bring everything we were to the table.
Fr. Christian, just thank you so much. It was an honor to be Fr. Christians second wedding ever. He was so good and understanding with our long distance marriage prep and anyone who was in attendance can attest to his beautiful witness of a homily. We give blessings and prayers on his vocation daily as we strive to live virtue in ours, from the Heartland to the Holy Family.
Tim and I had opted to be the two Eucharistic Ministers at out own wedding. And looking at these pictures and this opportunity to serve our grandmothers, one of a kind experience. These are the strongest women in faith that we know. Scratch that, they are the strongest people period. And to be able to give back to them in this real way was so special for us. Bringing the focus on serving each of those who had celebrated this sacrament with us by bringing Christ to them in return for them being Christ for us.
Our Lady, Queen of Peace, Pray for us. Our Lady of Lourdes, Pray for us. Holy Family, Pray for us.
We were so lucky that we had the Glee Club singing their beautiful rendition of Biebel's Ave Maria during our Marian devotion. We would have had it no other way.
The first moment Tim's vows were tested. Times number 897 and 898 are both occuring while I make him edit this post.
There you have it folks, one hour of our lives later and one more post scrolled through. Stick around, there's more to come, it's only Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment