Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fenway Frank

One of our more creative wedding presents was gifted by the oh-so-generous Shannon Ballou. Looking for a creative wedding present? Give experiences, they will not go forgotten.
We were given tickets to a Red Sox game.
And root, root, root for the home team because even though the Orioles killed them we had a great time. Baseball is America's pastime and my pastime too. Apparently. Who can turn down live entertainment, people watching, hot dogs and beer all in one place? I could never.
And the tickets were so close to the field that I spent the majority of the night pretending I was Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon was my love interest. Sorry Tim.
Speaking of Fever Pitch (because that's what I did for the better half of the night) did you know that it is originally taken from a British film about football? *Soccer. 
We had a wonderful Monday evening. Tim taught me about the differences between the National and American Leagues while I pondered my Insta filter. We commented on every person in our vicinity and counted down the innings to Sweet Caroline. It was a dream date night. And waking up for work the next morning was a real struggle. I've taken to going to bed before 10:30. Tim judges me for it.
Thank you Shannon. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
And because there is no hope of a parade for the sox, Steve has invited us to start cheering for the Patriots. We'll see.

1 comment: