Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wedding Part Four

Are you weddinged out yet?

Only a few days left of wedding week!
Let's start the transition. In Post Three we ending outside the party bus, why not start this one inside?
So much fun, maybe too much fun. And also a sauna, I swear the heat was on. We entered the hot and sweaty barn as hot and sweaty messes, it set the tone. In the best way.
Tim loves this picture so much he prof pic-ed it. 
I am going to horribly butcher my dads sweet and unique speech from the wedding but I'll abbreviate here anyway. 'We live in a world that tells us that the young people can't be trusted. That they are irrational and irresponsible. Tim and Rylee are young people who were criticized for being too young, too immature, too crazy to know what they were getting into. But the reality is that we are surrounded by young people who are constantly proving otherwise. It takes courage and strength and trust and our youth do not lack that, in fact in many cases, and with the blessings of family and friends we have, the young people are our role models.' ((Forgive me dad if I took too much liberty there)).
Anyway, he had a few guest appearances during his speech to help prove his point, during which he referenced that I would post some links so that you might know more about them. Here is Tennyyson Dewitt, my godsister (not a thing except it is).
And my second cousin Eric Lund
Torey went first. She's spectacular. 

And Michael second. His props, humor, and assistants were prime.
Though in a barn, all the classic wedding things went on:
Cake cutting. From the moment we started planning this wedding, anytime I brought up the cake Tim told me "You know I'm going to smash the cake in your face, right?" My response was always simply "be gentle." Turns out he never planned on actually doing it, he just wanted to build the anticipation over 8+ months.


Mother/ Son.
I do wish that I had a video to post of their choreographed dance. They were spectacular.
And on with the night. Our DJ was initially worried with what our method of getting people on the dance floor should be. He didn't quite understand why Tim and I weren't too worried about it. He had great ideas and I am sure they work perfectly, but we knew that once the music started, you couldn't get people to leave. And we were right, we had to kick people off almost a half hour after the send off was supposed to happen and even still some went back at it. We love our family and friends. All it takes is a barn, some music and a little liquid courage and the night is the most fun.
The Julie's in my life. Now and forever, Amen.
These two were best friends by the end of the night.
The Glee Club sang an impromptu set to my grandmother half way through the night.
And also this happened.
I laugh hysterically every time I see this picture, so much is going on...
Lara and her dates.
Alanna and her angry snaps

Faces.





Bob and his grandchildren.

We had a glow send off at the end of the night and almost as soon as the glow sticks were broken out,  they were made into a jump rope.
My last picture with my dad before leaving. So much gratitude and so much love. The night, the day, it was all perfect and everything I had ever wanted with even more joy. It flew by but there was also not a moment where I wasn't happy. 
So there you have it. There were many many more pictures, and even more moments of the night that I wish were documented but I can only abuse your scrolling priveledges for so long.
It was the most fun Tim and I have ever had which is everyone hopes that for their own wedding. And I am sure we are biased, but it was really just a blast. Our ceremony was very formal and highly liturgical while our reception was in a barn. It was a celebration to thank everyone for their huge role in our lives. It was our way of saying welcome to Indiana, we know you've come a long way so grab a mason jar, get a drink, sweat it out on the dance floor, and if you get tired we've got bocce ball and cornhole outside. Above all, just enjoy yourself. We hope everyone had a great time though we doubt you had as much fun as we did, how could you? We were in a room with every. single. person. we love and who love us.

2 comments:

  1. Always love your blog but especially loving all of these beautiful wedding pictures, Rylee! The most joyful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! It's good to know I'm not as ego-centric as I seem. Now when people ask who even reads my blog I can say, "me, my mom, and Erin!"

      Delete