Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cape Cod

Just last weekend, we took advantage of an offer to leave the city and head to the shore. Steve invited Tim and me, Meredith, and his childhood friend Molly to head to his neck of the woods. (Also Ryan was invited and we are trying not to take it personally that he declined).
We left last Friday night after traffic died down and stopped for the night halfway into our trip, which, conviently, was the Imparatos home. I've talked about how generous and hospitable they've been to me before. This time Tim and Meredith were able to share in the experience, it really is an experience. Meredith blogged about it here. Remember the chickens?
Well Saturday morning, after enjoying breakfast by the fire, Tim got to partake in the shephearding in of the girls. He was on gate patrol.

And Meredith destroyed the competition in her "first time" pretending to be Katnis. Yeah, sure.
Tim is so used to my making him take pictures everywhere at this point that I forgot what it was like to coerce someone into posing... Steve quickly reminded me....

We spent the rest of our morning and early afternoon exploring the sights and views of Plymouth, which included a questionable trip to the Plimouth Plantation.
Molly enjoyed the petting zoo portion while I am fearful of any and all non-domesticated animals.
We spent some time with the Native American villagers and heritage.
Then we took the road not traveled at all to the Plantation portion.
Behold the secret lookout Steve discovered during his time as a Plantation intern.
It was an overcast day but who am I to complain for a day away from the city on the shore without rain?
On our way down to his family's cape house, we stopped at scenic locations along the way.
The first was Sandwich and these views and beautiful colors could get anyone excited.
Did you know that I don't own a CUA sweatshirt? Tim does, but not me. I do own many, many crewnecks of other universities, just zero of my favorite. I don't know why you would know that/ why I would ask/ who would actually care but it's been typed and regretfully I'm too lazy to delete it or insert something clever.
Rapunzel, Rapunzel throw down your accordians.
We climbed the tower to a great view once in Dennis and made an inside joke or two. Noted above. And I'm sure I'll get approximately 3 laughs from it. Worth it. (Not four because Steve would never actually read this).
Rain, Snow, Shine, or Overcast grayness; the beach calls for ice cream. And Steve forcing us to wear these hats for the rest of the weekend. I did convince him to let me take it off for Mass though. Small victories.
We stayed the night on Saturday at Steve's family's cape house. We had such a great cozy night dozing off to the Hobbit and a luzurious breakfast with Spanish butter. We are so so grateful to the Sullivan/ Imparato family for welcoming us and opening their lovely homes to us for the weekend.

The rest of Sunday was spent at a few different beaches ending with a picnic and swings.
Sunday was the perfect non-summer beach weather. Warm and sunny sweatshirt weather. The whole weekend was simply so relaxing and jovial. Until we hit a patch of traffic on the way back into the city, and I proved to fail at being a traffic luck charm. Broke my streak.
This is the man whom I love. This is the man who I married. And 6 years later Tim Kenney, the sentiment stands. 
P.S. I really like swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment