Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Walking in Memphis

For approximately 2.5 seconds. And it was a pretty great 2.5 seconds. 

Tim's brother Michael got married over Labor Day weekend. So I took a hop, skip, and a jump to get myself there (some detours along the way, tears we shed, but I got there and that is all that matters... sort of. It was emotional, but I won in the end. Take that AirTran.)

The wedding was beautiful. She was beautiful. The venue was beautiful. When the videographer asked  for one word to describe the day, most people defaulted on beautiful. 
And this kid looked pretty great too. Imma lucky one.

Now for the part that y'all (I can actually say that because I was in the south) actually care about. The reception was held at the, waitforit, ZOO. No seriously. So we took the zebra tram from the parking lot to the cocktail hour/ sea lion show.

Pretty Neat.

And that was the day Michael and Mallory became the favorites of all the little cousins. 
No one has any hope of ever coming close.

I mean just look at Maya riding that splash zone. Lovingit.

And I say zoo and I know what you were all thinking, and it wasn't this. Better than any zoo I've ever seen. Classy, rustic, perfect.

 And hey-oh, this is our relationship; we were on the dance floor as soon as they announced that it had opened. We got to enjoy the space to walk it out before the crowds came. And with a family of Tim's size, it doesn't take long for the crowds to come.


 Tim and I snuck away for a little bit to go on a walk through the elk, bear, and wolf exhibits (casual?) And selfies turned into a thing. I apologize for it but at the same time it was such a short trip that we really had to force the use of photo-op even if unnecessary. But it was necessary because we were at a wedding, his brothers wedding, at the zoo. I mean this most definitely a first and most probably a last so we had to live it up. I'm sure you would take selfies at a zoo wedding too right? Help me out. 

In the long run I know it doesn't make up for it (and there are more on this post too) so I hope you have it in your heart to forgive me anyway.


 The bride and groom; I told you they were beautiful.

 And as if the cousins needed more reason to love Michael and Mallory, give them 4 minute long sparklers...




 And more selfies to show you the crazy I felt. Also on the zebra train back to the car. 

Thank you to all of the Kenney/ Leliaert clan for such a great, though short, weekend. I had such a fantastic time. And congratulations again to Michael and Mallory! You guys really know how to throw a party.






Also, because I didn't get my full Memphis barbecue experience, I got this at the airport. 
They sell this kind of deliciousness at the airport?
1. Well done Memphis International, well done.
2. I love airports so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment