Friday, September 13, 2013

I have a brilliant beyond brilliant idea!

(Insert Bull Horn Here) "Good morning, ladies and welcome to Camp Walden.  I'm Marva, your Camp Director and this is my daughter and right hand man, Marva, Jr. Girls, please find your duffels as quickly as possible, we've got a big, big day ahead of us.  Marva,'bunk assignments, if you please."


But for real, all weekend long I had this distinct feeling that I was going to find my long lost Britisth twin and have to trade places with her (bummertown) while she went to my vineyard in Napa Valley and I headed off to movie montages in the land of Abbey Road and Wedding Gowns.

Sorry Hallie, You're breaking up! 

I just lived life all weekend long as if I were 1998 Lindsay Lohan in her sane, yet schizophrenic, days.
What actually happened last weekend: Freshman Retreat! We had a long, and freezing, bus ride out to the almost Delaware side of Maryland to a beautiful summer camp and a jovial weekend extravaganza.
The bus ride was long but we totes magotes bonded with our group via song clips, games, and sleeping with our feet in the air (you know who you are)
And all weekend long we had tons o' stuff to do and with the best of the small groups if I do say so myself, and I will because look at us. Look at how much you wish you were part of us.

Where babies are, college girls flock.
And the sisters joined us for free time and they are the most jovial and beautiful of them all so I had-ta snap a few. Fun with nuns? I think yes.

Improv Everywhere- Resident Minister Edition

Living life in the 90s... We took retreat wardrobe to a whole new level and were comfortable doing it
VELOCITY!-The Lost City- Bahamas Beach Resort- Atlantis.

Does not matter what you call us. I had the greatest weekend bonding with these ladies and gentleman and getting to know them a little bit better. They are the most fun and most spectacular and I can't wait for thrift shop/ fro-yo/ Georgetown runs to come because one weekend with this crowd was nawt enough.



And after a long splendid weekend, the sea of orange flocks back toward the bus, back toward the reality of classes and dorm rooms, having made some BFFLs in the process, I'm sure of it. (I don't think there were any hair cuttings or ear piercings, but then again there was no isolation cabin (trust meh I asked) so that probs would have helped)


No comments:

Post a Comment