Tuesday, June 30, 2015

California Babymoon

Does it count as a babymoon when you are visiting in-laws? I feel like it does when your in-laws live where my in-laws live. I'm still in California, we leave for home tonight on a red eye, but I figured I would get a head start on blogging the trip by recounting the beginning of our week.
If you follow me on Instagram you will have noticed that Judy and I have been crafting. By that I mean, we walked into grandma's house and she had been busy making a ton of handmade goods for Lady Kenney. I was inspired by this and am getting a sewing lesson in the process! I can't wait to show you some of the finished products.
A trip to California is not complete without at least one trip to Pink Berry. I remember when I first came to CA with the Kenney's Judy was talking this place up before anyone had even heard of a frozen yogurt place in the Midwest. It may or may not be one of the first place she took me when we got to their home in Santa Clara. This trip, however, I had different demands. If it weren't for the fact that we landed at 9:30AM, In-n-Out would have been a must stop directly from the airport. As it happened, we went there for lunch instead. And we've had it since then too. And Chick-fil-A. I would say that this was the simple pleasures of pregnancy cravings but lets be real this would have been my diet and my demand anyway.
We went shopping at a few different locations and one of them included the beautiful Santana Row with this stunning wine bar.
A fresh lime harvest right in their back yard. Can you imagine the gin and tonics with these? Even better, can you imagine me being able to keep these alive?
Tim's sister Katie works for Google Shopping Express so we got the insiders tour of the Google Campus.
The Campus was insane, it really felt like a College Campus except nicer and free-er. 

On Friday night we went, with a shocking amount of country lovers from California, to the Lady Antebellum concert. We picnicked before and then had lawn seats during the concert which was perfect for us sitting in our lawn chairs and people watching like crazy. You would not believe the amount of people who live in San Francisco who own cowboy boots. Sam Hunt and Hunter Hayes opened and we had a blast. It feels like summer to me when I am listening to Country and this concert felt like summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment