Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Around Here Lately

Disclaimer: Playing months of catch up for my blogging absence of the past three months. This post is really just pictures. And even then, in three months I really didn't take many pictures.
Puzzles are for snow days. And every day in my opinion.
Unfortunately this is the only picture I got of the Juice Joint, our murder mystery party. Fortunately this picture is hysterical.
We attended 2 hockey games in the never ending winter. I had a soft pretzel both times.
As much as I hated this winter in Boston, exploring a snow covered city was breathtaking.
And walking on the frozen Charles was a once in a lifetime experience.
When we have visitors we utilize our aquarium pass and there's no one who would enjoy it more than Judy Kenney.  Tim and his dad went off to explore and Judy and I were perfectly content to watch the penguins fight to be fed for hours.
Our final adventure to overcome seasonal depression? Joyful Garden! 
Every time Tim and I drive into the city, or to pick up someone from the airport, or anywhere for that matter we take Starrow/ Soldiers Field Drive. Along this route you will pass Joyful Garden (the Chinese restaurant on the main floor of the Days Inn) and it is inevitable that it will be packed. It has become a fun thing for us on this ride to comment on how ridiculous that this place is as packed as it is. (Fun married people games? I don't know...) So after commenting to ever person who has ever taken this ride with us, Tim's parents finally Yelped the place to find that the Days Inn Restaurant has stellar reviews. And so adventure of adventures we treated ourselves to dinner! We were two of four non-Asians in the whole place (the other two were guys utilizing the "hotel bar") and we were timid in our ordering which we both regretted when looking around to see what the other patrons were enjoying. But, it was delicious and delicious again the next day for lunch. Needless to say, we'll be back! And next time having done some research on what to order.
I hope you all are enjoying your spring, finally. I saw snow this weekend in a remnant pile for what I can only hope is the last time for many, many months. My prayers about the weather turned a little snarky this season and recently can sound a little something like this, "Hey God, you know how you tortured us with that winter in the midst of my nausea? Well I think you owe us the best summer Boston has ever seen. And of course you remember in your weather planning, God, that this pregnant woman will be without air conditioning. Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment