Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Blessings

He is risen y'all! Happy Easter! And in classic Catholic fashion, we are going to stretch out this party for eight more days!

Tim and I spent our first Triduum together as a married couple and loved it more than I can begin to describe here in such a small space. We have loved the long weekend off too.
We have started to take daily walks. My doctor recommended that I start these immediately after we found out I was pregnant but our endless winter put a kaboosh on that. So now that the ground has thawed and the sun has made an appearance, daily walks it is. We've come to really enjoy and count on the time to chat and baby plan and life plan. Here's our Holy Saturday walk and my Easter Vigil outfit. Apparently my standards for spring are so low that qualifications for sandal weather are simply no snow on the sidewalks.
Our parish as we were walking in for the Vigil Mass. I get chills thinking about walking into the dark Church knowing that the light of Christ is coming. Bring on that Easter Candle. I was so excited this year seeing the Deacon process in with that massive tower of beeswax to realize that this is the same candle that this child's baptismal candle will be lit from. 
Tim mandated the post mass selfie as we excitedly exchanged our favorite parts of the mass. All this on the way to get some chicken nuggets (my biggest craving so far) at the 24 hour McDonalds. You can just put that in my Easter basket.
 And for Tim's Easter basket I made a challenging hunt... to my enjoyment and his frustration.
The eggs held a message this year. Does it still count as a Promposal if you're married? And chaperones?
By far the best Easter present I ever recieved and perhaps the best gift I've ever receieved ever is never having to go to the laundromat again. The landlord finished the installation as we were making Easter breakfast. And we joined our voices to the choirs of angels in heaven as we sang our own little Gloria on Easter Sunday. A huge, huge, huge gracias to Tim's parents.
Steve and his family graciously welcomed us into their home and their Easter traditions by inviting us to come to Plymouth for Easter dinner. So we made our way south for a delicious home cooked meal and some great conversation while gathered around the table for hours. Thank you, thank you, thank you Imparato's for inviting us into your home and your family again and again and again.
(It also meant that Shep joined us on our daily walk which was our visit to the ocean. Summer is coming friends, I feel it.)
And to top it all off, on our trek home I got a sudden and urgent need to eat and now. So we stopped for chips and guac about 20 minutes from home. Is this a normal pregnancy problem?

We had a great Holy Week/end and we hope you all had a prayerful and indulgent Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, the smileys did not stop throughout this whole post.

    ReplyDelete