Thursday, October 22, 2015

Two Scoops of Ice Cream

Really this post isn't really about ice cream... it's about cake but it's also about happiness so thanks Charlie Brown. When I was going to bed the other night I rolled over and told Tim I loved him and it hit me that it was the first time I had used his name all day. Gemma has consumed our days our time our entertainment and it's so wonderful but the only interaction I had with my husband was texting him pictures of our daughter, wondering aloud if daddy would change the next diaper, and in baby talk. Almost as if we have started communicating through Gem in the most ridiculous falsetto. It's been so easy to get caught up in her, I mean she's adorable. But I am trying to be intentional about having adult conversations with my husband that have nothing to do with how many times gemma's pooped today or how cute her face is after she's done eating. And as much happiness I get playing with and talking about our daughter with my husband, I'm constantly reminded that true joy in this vocation comes from my time with Tim and the love we share that makes our love for our daughter possible.
And a tbt of pictures to go with this post, as you can tell I'm still pregnant. We cut into our top tier of our wedding cake when home just before our anniversary.
Last year he didn't smother me with wedding cake so I can't be too upset.
One year and one child later and a lot has changed but my love for the man who agreed to this adventure has only grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment