Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Stay at Home Mom

I wish that the title of this post were my reality... But I also love the work I do. We are still at the point in our lives where our family needs the financial stability of my employment and as long as that is the case I will be making the most of every moment with my high school students because I really am blessed to love going to work every day. But for the next 7 weeks I will enjoy my limbo. For the next two months I will be soaking up every newborn cuddle that maternity leave will allow. Today I survived my first day solo as a temporary stay at home mom.

We have been so lucky to have our moms and my sister and a constant stream of visitors providing help in the form of everything from dinner to ice packs to diaper changes to laundry. But today I drove the last of them to the airport and settled into what I can only assume is my new norm... Eating and cuddling and taking wayyyyyyyyy too many pictures.

Mostly Gemma slept in moms arms but today was also marked by moms very first solo bath... A very well documented bath.
Gem woke up a happy lady totally unaware of the cruelty that awaited.
Torture in the form of hygiene... And hatred upon the one who pours water on her.
Love and affection for the person who removes her from the torture chamber, also known as a bath, so the screaming from before all evens out.
And then spend the rest of the day alternating between play time and...
Conked out time.
And then grad dad came home and relieved me of my baby holding duties so I had to document that too. First time parent, am I doing it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment