Sunday, October 18, 2015

Mom Blog

Now that this is officially a mom blog I am completely unprepared for how to keep up. In my mind everything seems important enough to post. For my readership they would likely be annoyed by how many of the pictures on my phone are actually just repeats, but at the same time requesting more and more pictures. Less Mommy, more baby. I get it, I really do! So I ask you to bear with me as I discern what qualifies a worthy post and what looses readers in mass. At the same time, this is for me and I kind of view it as my version of a scrapbook. One day when Gem grows up and has a baby of her own I know she will ask the same questions I've been asking; how long were you in labor mom? And was I born with hair? What was one way you were able to calm me down? Was I a fussy baby? How well did I sleep through the night? Etc. And I look forward to the archives of this blog providing all the answers, praise God for technology.
Mom rewarded herself with a beer the first night home from the hospital and got halfway through before realizing that nine months is a long time to be sober.
Gemma does not like posing for pictures. You put her in a ridiculous head band and she responds with grumpy faces and hands in front of her face.
Baby girl will only fall asleep in someone's arms. Our spoiled, little, (hopefully temporary) only child needs to be held and as soon as you think you might be able to set her down to run and do something two handed, boom! Eyes pop open.
Momma thinks one of the cutest things she does is suck on her lower lip in her sleep.
She hates to be swaddled because her arms are constantly in motion and you mustn't restrict them or you will hear about it.
And we have so many family and friends to thank for our ability to enjoy these first three weeks and make these observations. From delicious meals to adorable outfits and necessary breaks from the house to holding her so I can shower, our thank you list is lengthy and we are so appreciative of the way we've been able to slowly get back on our feet. So I guess my advice to Gemma when she has kids of her own is simply make sure you have an amazing support system and you'll be fine with whatever else comes your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment