Saturday, August 20, 2016

A Presidential Welcome

Every time Tim would visit me during undergrad he always had a DC bucket list a mile long. Somehow, after 4 years, Mount Vernon stayed on that list. I can't tell you exactly why that is but I can speculate. I am sure it has something to do with limited budgets and all the other free things in the city instead. That said, it was top of the list once we moved here as working adults. As soon as Light the World! calmed down we gathered up sunscreen, bugspray, and Meredith and Jeff and headed to Virginia for the afternoon.

It was hot (note: Gemma is not wet, that's sweat) and it was buggy but we had a great time. We are watching Downtown Abbey for the first time right now and I am obsessed... because 2011 just hit me here. I'll just be over there with my crackle nail polish and jeggings, reading the newest Hunger Games while listening to Nicki Minaj... Anyway, I know it's a different time period and the wrong culture but in the servants quarters and through the house it's all I could think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment