Friday, September 25, 2015

Woes of a Due Date Come and Gone

As you can tell from my blogging and the title, I'm still here. I'm still pregnant. I'm still working. I'm so over it. Nine months really is the ideal time and into the 10th month every day, hour, second seems to stretch on forever. You start to wonder if there will ever be a time when you are not pregnant... Melodramatic much?

Well this post is just to fill you in on life beyond the due date.



*I've still been going into work but once I am done teaching for the day I leave in favor of long walks and big lunches. 

*Speaking of long walks, we walk the neighborhood, we walk IKEA, we walk the Res, we repeat. 

*We've tried spicy food and pineapple. We've tried relaxing baths and daily tea. All of the wives tales. How are they working? Well I'm still here right?

*My beloved Saltwaters, the only shoes that fit me toward the end, decided that being worn every day for 3 months straight was not something they could endure and they broke. So we ran to the shoe store to find something that fit and something with support that I could wear to school. These off brand Tom's with memory foam inserts have gotten me through the week, praise God. But please do not mistake my excitement over pregnancy shoes for still wanting to be pregnant...

*The pitying looks, oh those sad eyes. The hardest thing about being at work is not the teaching, though that gets increasingly more difficult daily. The hardest thing is responding to peoples response to seeing me. Students are outraged, co-workers feel sorry, all around every conversation is a reminder that you still haven't had that baby.

*"Any Day Now" is the most dangerous phrase. As soon as we reached full-term Tim and I seemed to be excitedly/nervously exclaiming this on the reg. And time passes like molasses and any day now is the biggest farce. I'm wondering if we jinxed ourselves because any day now could actually, cruelly, be 2 weeks from now.

*I've found that my feeling of preparedness is on a bell curve. Around 38 weeks I was so ready. I wanted to meet her and the house was in order and everything was perfect and ready to go. As time goes on I keep panicking about the more and more I find to do or things we forgot or read blogs about things we don't have. You get to a point after the due date when you wonder what "prepared" is and if you will ever be ready. The anxiety sets in and you start to doubt that there will ever be a reprieve of "ready or not."

All this to say that we are till waiting on our Lady Kenney. Pray for patience and our sanity. And of course please pray for a healthy delivery for our little one because guys I'm dying to introduce you!


No comments:

Post a Comment