Saturday, August 8, 2015

Walden Pond

My best friend came to Boston a few weekends ago when I was still there of course. And because Boston was her home before it was mine we decided on a day in the suburbs instead of the chaos of the city. And off to the woods we went, not because we are campers/hikers/rustic people, I assure you we are not, but because this was the easily accessible beach and one of the reasons she is my best friend is because she shares my irrational fear of parallel parking.
So Walden Pond, we spent maybe 3 minutes tops appreciating the history and then off to the beach which is what we really cared about, and as HDT says, "advance confidently in the direction of your dreams," and we were dreaming of sun tans. 
The beach kind of reminded me of a summer camp. 
My replacement husband.
We did hike a leetle bit but only a leetle bit. 
And then we wandered downtown Concord in search of ice cream and enjoyed the quaint New England town.
Am I right?
I love her and days like this end with my begging her to move back to Massachusetts. 

1 comment: