Sunday, August 16, 2015

International Baby Shower

So I've mentioned that I was home in the Midwest for almost a month and now it's about time for me to begin that recap. First up, baby showers. My Aunts got together and generously planned an intercontinental baby shower. See, my cousin Lyndsey lives in Poland and is expecting a baby girl this November. So we made a virtual shower of sorts and got to celebrate together. 
 
Lynds is a grad of MSU and obviously you know my ND ties so the whole event was pink themed with ND v. MSU undertones. Family rivalry is a healthy thing.
I had Aunts from both sides in attendance and it was good to celebrate with them but it was mostly good to see them because I haven't since the wedding.
Lyndsey via skype and me trying to hide the fact that I was sweating through the dress. Additionally, you might notice just how clever and thoughtful my Aunts are. To the sides of the TV there was a clothesline hanging, baby noted by burp rag school, and instead of gifts, guests generously contributed to our "Stroller Clothesline." They knew that shipping gifts to Lyndsey was near impossible and that Tim and I had to fit everything for Boston in the trunk of our car. So they gave us the ability to buy the stroller of our dreams from our home. Thank you, thank you!
Nothing says Baby Shower like an Edward Cullen cut out with a beach ball belly.
As I said, Aunts from both sides were there and cousins and Grandma of course.
And anytime you wear a dress calls for a sister photo shoot right?
She might be #LadyKenney but I think she'll fit right in as a Magee Girl.
More photo shoots before we could change into swimsuits and enjoy the beautiful weekend on the lake. For a flashback, here is the Bridal Shower my Aunts threw me almost exactly a year before.
It was so good to see and spend the weekend with our fifth and honorary sister Tennyson.

2 comments:

  1. Baby shower is one of the most popular events especially celebrating in western countries and Australian continent. Mostly we celebrate baby shower in order to welcome the upcoming new baby with the help of theme parties and several kinds of baby shower gifts. Here also we can get some quick instructions on how to celebrate baby shower program with theme parties and baby shower gifts; diaper cakes are the main attraction of baby shower programs and normally this event is now getting popular in other countries also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with these fabulous baby shower photographs. I would also be hosting a fun baby shower for my best friend. Have already booked best event space Chicago for this funky party. I have already made DIY crafts for decorations. Can’t wait for the day now.

    ReplyDelete