Sunday, October 15, 2017

Day Trip to Harpers Ferry

We spent yesterday in Harpers Ferry, WV with the girls for the perfect blend of National Parks, the beginnings of fall foliage, museums, day trips from the city, and historical reenactors. It's a quick trip from DC but we still treated it like a Kenney family road trip and stopped for McDonald's Diet Cokes first thing. I happily and embarrassingly report that Gemma knows the McDonald's arches from blocks away and excitedly proclaims, "FRENCH FRIES" every time she sees one. 
 Documenting the suburban mom look in the parking lot like a classic suburban mom.
I have actually been to Harpers Ferry before for tubing down the river but this was Tim's first time. I love sharing these sorts of memories with him but especially like this, where he will appreciate it way more than I ever will... classic history major. Should I admit that I didn't know who John Brown was before yesterday? Oops!
Can you believe how big Gemma is? She is full on toddler and alternates between making us laugh in amazement at some of the adorable things she says and driving us mad with her irrational tantrums. Two, am I right?
90s inspired outfits brought to you by Target, brought to me by STB. Gemma's good behavior brought to everyone by ice cream.
 Thank you Harpers Ferry for being so dang cute, for quenching my need to adventure beyond the city, and for giving Tim another stamp for his NPS passport. 

1 comment:

  1. G’s ponytail tho. Also I definitely don’t know who John Brown is.

    ReplyDelete