Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Gemma- 7 Months

7 months, can you believe it? It's starting to warm up around here and for the first time we are turing on fans and cursing the whole New England no A/C business. Brings me back to swollen feet and resting bowls of frozen berries on my belly.
And a year later, Gemma. She's so big I can't handle it and also I love it so much. She is just so much fun with chatter and squirm sessions throughout the day.
She also has a great, big, wide smile but you wouldn't know it because for whatever reason for this set she turned off the charm.
I think it's because she, for the first time, really hated the absurd headband. Enjoy:
She's such a goofball and keeps her dad and I laughing all day (in person or via text/ photo stream).
At 7 months she refuses to sit still. She squirms in her sleep, through mass, during photo shoots, while eating, everywhere. Always on the go. Gemma can't crawl yet, but the desire is there and in the meantime she rolls and rotates until she gets where she wants to go.
Dad is her favorite person right now and let me just say, as Tim survives finals week that it was such a cool thing to have him home with her most days this semester. They have such a great bond.
She sits all the time now... especially before a phone/ computer/ iPad for FaceTime. She LOVES the screens but only when they engage with her.
And, inevitably, she will reach for it. She will know the phones better than I do by 24 months... mark my words internet.
7 months and she already knows the latest dance moves way before Tim or I.
She's eating formula and pureed fruits and veggies these days. She loves apple sauce most of all. And chews on anything she can find; socks, toys, food, wash cloths, hands, whatever.
Goofy headband hair.
So there she is, our little model. It's so fun to watch this sweet girl grow. Her latest milestone is playing in the bath. I wouldn't have thought of that as a milestone before I was a mom, but trust me it is! It's so great that she can sit up and gather toys to herself. She loves it and I love watching the curiosity play across her face.
Pre-shower pajamas for mom but Gemma is bathed and prepped for photoshoots... typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment