Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Let Freedom Ring

The Fourth of July weekend was a good one for us. It was hard not being with family but it was good being with Tim. Tim's and my families both do big things for the 4th weekend and it was never worth it to make a decision as to who's family we were with so instead we would always divide and conquer. So this was my first Independence day with him and I have to say, I rather liked it.
Tim had the day off on Friday so we hosted our friends for Pulled Pork sandwiches and grilled desserts. If you haven't yet grilled peaches this summer, I highly recommend it. 
On Saturday we took advantage of our time in arguably the most patriotic city in America. And I've spent a July 4th in DC so this is saying something. We packed lunches and books and enjoyed the company while camping out a location to see the show.
 Every pregnant lady's dream; water on tap.
Family photo. My sisters have informed me that I am huge so I'll take that...
 Just because I know you saw that last picture and wanted more, here's a more risky one without the jacket.
 There was a surprise guest of the leap forgers, these are Navy seals that jumped out of an airplane and did some crazy tricks while falling through the air. I am nauseous just thinking about it.
 And what we all really care about, the Boston Pops in the Hatch shell. 
One more with lighting and effects just because it's my party and I do what I want to.
 It was a phenomenal performance with sets of Patriotic sing-alongs, John Williams hits, the Best of Billy Joel and more. There were real cannons timed during the 1812 Overture and at the finish of the last song, confetti!
 The downside of really enjoying the concert is that your view of the firework show is obstructed by trees and with the absence of a breeze the smoke made it even more difficult but we still enjoyed seeing the sky change colors.
Happy 4th of July folks! I've loved my time abroad and enjoying the cultures of other countries but I am really happy to be bringing my daughter into this world as a United States citizen, even if that means that my maternity leave is laughable by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment