Thursday, January 15, 2015

Our Lady of the Lights

I think suburban adventures tend to be underrated. I could be considered a culprit. I tend to post when, and only when I do exciting things in whatever city I am living in. Well suburbia can be fun too. As long as you have a car.
The one and only STB made her return to MA for the Christmas season and timing worked perfectly in our favor so that we had a window of about 12 hours before I left MA. So I got in the car and set the cruise control (inside joke for the two people who get it... it would be three except for I doubt Steve has ever read a post) to get to Boston Suburbs. I had a lovely dinner at the Ballous and then we got in the car to head for a fantastic display of Christmas Lights. When Marian Shrines and Tacky Christmas Decor combine, I really can't begging to describe the outcome. Not that it would do it justice anyway. So next year, when December rolls around. Take a pilgrimage (?) to Our Lady of LaSalette Shrine in Attleboro, it is sure not to disappoint.
I love this lady and our raining snow adventures. And our burgers and bdiet coke adventures. And our stay in bed and watch MK and A movies not-really-adventures.
The shrine included a display of Nativity scenes from around the world. This one was my favorite. Have you ever seen an Alaskan nativity?
Also one very large nativity.
And a rosary walk and a Stations of the Cross walk and of course all of these things are well lit.
Finally, there was the replica of the Sacred Steps from the Lateran in Rome. I guess what I am getting at is that I'm excited to go back in warmer weather and see what other adventures suburbia has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment