Monday, September 25, 2017

LtW, a recap

Okay blog, here's the deal, I am sorry. Sorry for the neglect you have seen. I could blame it on the pregnancy, the grad classes, the toddler, the work. I could pass off the guilt on any number of things but it doesn't change the reality that it just didn't happen. And I regret it. I love blogging to document the happenings of this little family so I'm going to spend a week or so trying to play catch up, starting with the big thing of my summer before bringing it back to last Christmas.
The work I do year round culminates in a privileged experience of ministry during the summer. Light the World is all consuming and exhausting, ask any of our undergrad counselors, but it is filled with such much joy. What a life that I get paid for the mission of bringing high school students closer to Christ?!
It is not a task I would have been able to complete these last two years without Catherine. Her vision for this program, her dedication to the mission, her friendship, her constant joy. I have been blessed to work with her and I would not have survived this 8 months pregnant without her. 
In the structure of Light the World I saw Tim and Gemma very irregularly which meant Tim was a trooper of a full time parent. He bonded so much with this fast growing toddler this summer and even took her on a solo trip to Michigan for the 4th!
"Cheese"
Tim and Gemma would come and visit every night for dinner which was a wonderful break in the day. And Tim's favorite part was our Faith and Sports evening when each week he got to see the Cubs play (first at Nats Park and the next week at Camden Yards).

I'm on maternity leave now and am really enjoying being a stay at home mom. It's a good thing that I find so much purpose in my career or I don't know what would bring me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment