Thursday, March 24, 2016

MFA

Tim had to go to a Museum for a homework assignment, and it was just another perk of being the family of a grad student. We checked out an Museum of Fine Arts pass from the library and made a family outing of a rainy afternoon.

We were the irrational parents who took a 5 month old to a prestigious art museum... She did better than we predicted; we got to take a break and feed her on a comfy bench in front of a collection of Rembrandts, walk circles through galleries to put her to sleep, and see the visiting Picasso collection. At one point Tim caught up with us while I swung her through a hallway of impressionist paintings, praying that would make her stop fussing in the painfully quiet gallery AND that she wouldn't choose that moment to projectile vomit all over Monet.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so wonderful! My mind takes me to strolling through an art museum in utter peace and tranquility...and then I remember that three toddlers plus art museum? Not a good idea for me. I'll just live vicariously through you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah you're thinking more of me than is fair. I would have never done it without Tim! Having Gemma double teamed makes all the difference.

      Delete