Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers Day

Just a little tale of my first Mothers Day. Tim spoiled me rotten, truly. And while I am so excited for years to come and being spoiled by my children, my mom reminded me that this will be Tim's job for a few more years now. His gifts were so thoughtful and sweet that I just have to share. 

First, because I have been talking about how we need to save for this since before we got married, Tim bought me/ us a grill. A lovely little charcoal grill for our back deck. He laughed when I saw it because I freaked out and was so excited but to anyone else this might be the equivalent of getting your wife tires for her birthday or a tool set for Christmas. But not me! Remember my favorite food? Remember how good hot dogs on the grill are? Plus this means so many meals this summer that Tim is cooking and not me.

Second, because nesting is real, he got me/ baby girl the cutest little laundry hamper for her nursery. We have a nursery theme in mind and this should fit perfectly (more on that when it's finished). Though less of a focus on the nursery right now and more of a focus on everything else. I'm pretty sure he is more than frustrated with me because I decide to do a project and then it has to be done right then and there. We cannot do anything else until it is finished and I'm too stubborn to be persuaded otherwise. Like today after mass when I decided that the flower boxes needed to be done and instructed him to drive me to Home Depot. Or yesterday when I woke up early on a Saturday just so I could gut his office. So as I said, nesting is real.

And back to the point of this post. Tim spoiled me today with a home cooked breakfast, a lazy morning, an adventurous afternoon in the city at the Aquarium, and a quiet evening at home after mass. I am so lucky to be a mom when Tim Kenney is the dad.
Are you sick of Aquarium pictures yet? Hopefully not because we never tire of an afternoon watching the penguins.
And a bump picture for the two of you who asked. Twenty weeks with this little girl.
I really like this city. I really hate drivers in this city.
My first Sunday mass being honored as a Mother on this day. I'm so excited to meet this baby Kenney and I'm getting anxious to wait alllllll summer but I am trying to cherish this special time now. This time as a mom spending every moment with this little girl. Being reminded frequently of her presence by both her little flutters and her angry kicks. So much quality time loving this child of mine. And of course every time I share these sorts of things with Tim he bends over and kisses my belly and reminds me that even if I get to feel her every move, he has one thing I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment