Monday, December 22, 2014

Big Kid Club

Also Known as the Society of Grownups.
Seemingly forever ago, after Thanksgiving, Shannon and I decided to see what all of the fuss was all about in Brookline. 
Well we came, we saw, we conquered. Sort of. We chose to go to a class, the cheapest option, and it was on a Sunday morning. What better way to start a Sunday than a fabulous cup of coffee, or two? And with friends?!? Better still! 
We went to the class called "You Pour Thing" and learned all about the art and the science behind the pour over brew and how we can neither afford to pay for all the necessary materials nor afford to wake up that much earlier on weekday mornings. But it did affirm our love of small coffee shops and the brew they do. 
And so we graduated from our first masters class ;) take that Tim! And we enter into the slow, slow, slow reality that is accepting that we are adults now. 
The Society tells us not to panic but, well that's a laughable joke. Because I stand here before you saying that I might be married and I might have a job and I might cook for our small family and friends but I, in no way feel like an adult, and when I am with other adults I feel like I am begging them to ignore the fact that I am basically an infant.
But it's good to know that I am not adulting alone. This struggle is shared with the very best friend and there's joy in that struggle and apparently there's also coffee in that struggle so I'm along for the ride. Join me?

2 comments:

  1. Love that I found your blog! If it helps you totally don't even look like an infant. So don't worry!

    ReplyDelete